CDPSnarf is a network sniffer exclusively written to extract information from CDP packets.
It provides all the information a “show cdp neighbors detail” command would return on a Cisco router and even more.
A feature list follows:
- Time intervals between CDP advertisements
- Source MAC address
- CDP Version
- Device ID
- Software version
- Port ID
- Save packets in PCAP dump file format
- Read packets from PCAP dump files
- Debugging information (using the “-d” flag)
- Tested with IPv4 and IPv6
Tool Source: https://github.com/Zapotek/cdpsnarf
Video Tutorial: Coming Soon!